Two photographic negatives from G.L.M. Clauson's Paper on "A Hitherto Unknown Turkish Manuscript in "Uigher" Characters" published in the Society's Journal in January1928. With the negatives is the original envelope.
Zonder titelLearned Societies
659 Archivistische beschrijving results for Learned Societies
Two versions of the Society's emblem of a banyan tree with the Latin motto 'Quot rami tot arbres' to be used in the printing process. The emblem was used on the Journal cover between 1863 and 1941.
Zonder titelChinese type print blocks from the early 20th century probably used in the printing of the Journal.
Zonder titelTwo Print blocks probably used in early 20th century for printing in the Journal.
Zonder titelCopies of the plates for 'The Emblems, medals and medallists of the Royal Asiatic Society', by John Hansman published in the Journal of the Royal Asiatic Society, 1984, no.1, pp.99-119.
Zonder titelPlate of 'Impression of seal no. 420 from Mohenjo-daro' for 'Unhinging Siva from the Indus Civilization' by Doris Srinivasan, printed in the Journal of the Royal Asiatic Society, no.1, 1984, pp. 77-89.
Zonder titelMiscellaneous Photographs, Plates and Illustrations used for Journal Articles. These include photographs of the tomb of I'timad Khan Khevayasara, Images of An Ancient Arabic Sphere, FIG 1-8 K42174 and Figs K47163 for unknown articles.
Zonder titelInvitation to a Reviewers' Evening to be held at the Royal Asiatic Society on 22 March 2007. The evening would give reviewers the opportunity to view the books available for reviewing.
Zonder titelMinutes for the General Meetings held by the Society for its Members to attend. At these meetings, new members would be admitted, donations presented, and Papers or letters read on Asiatic topics. The Minutes have been accumulated into bound volumes covering the time span from 1823-2011.
Zonder titelMinutes of General Meetings: There were 10 meetings in the first year, subsequently 15 meetings each year with an extended summer break. An Anniversary meeting was held in the March at which the Council and Officers are elected, a review of the year given and the finances discussed. Initially meetings were held in either the Thatch House Tavern in St James's Street or Willis' Rooms, King Street, St James, but by 17 January 1824 the Society was housed in Grafton Street. The Asiatic Society of Great Britain and Ireland became the Royal Asiatic Society as from 7 June 1823. On 19 June 1824 the first volume of the Society's Transactions is mentioned. By the end of this period the Society had both a Library and Museum.
The minutes are handwritten in clear copper plate script, in a folio sized leather bound volume in reasonable condition.